The WhatsApp kidnapped from a Spanish political leader
Why You Should Verify Your WhatsApp Account
Have you ever heard of phishing? It´s a fraudulent practice that consists of someone attempting to trick someone else into giving away personal information over the internet such as credit card details, passwords and bank accounts. Imagine someone pretends to be your official messaging service provider and asks you to confirm your profile settings by clicking on a fraudulent link.
That´s exactly what happened last month to Spanish politician Albert Rivera, member of the Congress of Deputies and main leader of Citizens political party. You would think someone like him had a secured WhatsApp account, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. The truth is, he probably didn’t get his account fully verified.
With 1 billion active users every day, WhatsApp is the main messaging app on the market and consequently, one of the most exposed to phishing and other types of fraud. That´s why getting your WhatsApp number verified is so important, especially if you have a business.
What are the benefits of getting your WhatsApp Business account verified?
- Maximise the security of your account by enabling the two-steps verification
- Associate your WhatsApp number with your official Facebook account
- Getting verified by Facebook (blue badge with tick)
- Keep your phone number private and show your business name instead
- Block possible phishing and other fraudulent activities
What are the requirements for verifying your WhatsApp Business number?
- You can only verify a phone number owned by you (both mobile and landline)
- The phone number must be active to receive SMS or phone calls
- You will need a strong internet connection via WiFi or mobile data to complete the verification
- You need to disable all call blocking settings from your number
- If you´re verifying a landline number, then tap on ´Call me´. You´ll receive a call on the landline for the verification code.
This way, you will not only get a verified green badge with a tick, you will also be able to keep your business details and your customers’ information safe.
Need to integrate WhatsApp with your CRM but don’t know how? At Woztell, we will do that for you and show you how to generate more business with it. Get in touch with us today.