Attention: this is the WhatsApp chat template guide your company needs
- 1 What are WhatsApp chat templates?
- 2 Why are WhatsApp chat templates useful?
- 3 Functions available in the chat templates
- 4 Best practices for using WhatsApp chat templates
- 5 How to use chat templates for your business?
- 6 To sum up
- 7 What is the importance of retail marketing on WhatsApp? Let’s find out
- 8 New feature tutorial: How to create audiences from Zoho CRM for sending bulk messages
- 9 You can send different types of content marketing on WhatsApp- This is how
If you are trying to increase lead engagement rates and email marketing is not enough, there is another channel and format to increase them: WhatsApp chat templates!
Therefore, for those who are beginning to learn about and configure message templates, it is important to understand a number of concepts:
- What types of messages can be used
- How to structure and approve them according to WhatsApp policies
- Different use cases…
What are WhatsApp chat templates?
Pro tip: Set them up in time as the process can take up to 48 hours.
Types of WhatsApp messages
During this time the company and the end user can talk without setting up templates, now making use of “session messaging”. In this way, they can make the most of offering live chat messaging support.
In the event that a company has not responded within the 24-hour window, all is not lost. They can make use of a pre-approved template to reopen the conversation and interact with the customer.
Tyes of WhatsApp chat template
- Transactions: to send notifications about the account, orders and everything related to a purchase. They are essential to share the most important information with the customer.
- Marketing: focuses on the promotional aspect of the WhatsApp Cloud API. This category is especially useful for sending offers and promotions directly to the customers’ conversation. A simple and quick way to get them to read your communications.
- One-time passwords: for secure management via WhatsApp, these templates are used for sending codes that allow customers to access their account.
Related Article: 4 WhatsApp Automation Templates that will Change your Business
Why are WhatsApp chat templates useful?
- Improves the level of customer service offered through WhatsApp.
- Ensures that messages sent by all teams are aligned with the brand.
- Uses automation to create a more convenient way to scale larger communication systems.
Functions available in the chat templates
- Format: A chat template can be text-only or add multimedia, documents, voice notes…
- Interactive buttons make conversations faster and more convenient. You can use interactive buttons in two ways: call-to-action buttons (direct to web or call) and quick responses (responses within the chat).
Best practices for using WhatsApp chat templates
1. Name the message template
Once you hit “Ok” for WhatsApp to review the template, no more changes can be made. If you need to make any edits, you will need to redo the template as if it were a new one.
Pro tip: we recommend putting a numerical suffix such as “001” to indicate which version of the template is the most recent.
2. Choose the content of the chat template
- The content of the message template can only be text-based: letters, digits, special characters, emojis and WhatsApp-specific formats.
- The content cannot be longer than 1024 characters
- You can include variables to customize the message
- You can send links or URLs from your company domain
3. Select the format of the chat template
Pro tip: Please note that there are certain default formats, the header will always have a larger size than the footer!
How to use chat templates for your business?
No matter how you use these templates, the benefits are impossible to deny. And here are just a few:
- Real-time customer care and service
- Improve customer experience with WhatsApp Cloud API quick response templates
- Increased customer engagement with interactive buttons
- Personalized customer experience with the help of customizable templates
To sum up
But if you want to customize it for your company, contact us!
What is the importance of retail marketing on WhatsApp? Let's find outIndexFree ebook: An Unfailing Guide to WhatsAppfor e-commerce FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! So, what is the importance of retail marketing? Let's start with...
New feature tutorial: How to create audiences from Zoho CRM for sending WhatsApp push notificationsIndexFree ebook: How to convert your leads into sales with WhatsApp and Zoho FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! The goal of CRM is to...
You can send different types of content marketing on WhatsApp - This is howIndexFree ebook: An Unfailing Guide to WhatsAppfor e-commerce FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! We live in the age of communication, where there is an...