Tips for your WhatsApp ecommerce strategy
- ¿Can you make a WhatsApp ecommerce strategy? Of course you can!
- Why invest in an ecommerce strategy on WhatsApp?
- 3 ways to use your WhatsApp ecommerce strategy
- Best practices for your WhatsApp ecommerce strategy
- To sum up
- How to get the WhatsApp Green Tick Verification
- How to Create a Flow with WOZTELL and Zoho Flow
- New WOZTELL UI
Free ebook: An Unfailing Guide to WhatsApp
When you have an ecommerce your online presence is what counts. This doesn’t just mean having a good website and uploading content on social networks. It is also important that your customers have an easy and quick way to contact you and WhatsApp is the best way to do it. With a WhatsApp ecommerce strategy you can make the most of all the tools it offers.
¿Can you make a WhatsApp ecommerce strategy? Of course you can!
Using this channel for your ecommerce communications can become the tool to attract more customers to your business and make them choose you over the competition.
To make the most of this channel it is important to implement a WhatsApp ecommerce strategy and we are going to show you how.
Why invest in an ecommerce strategy on WhatsApp?
With an ecommerce strategy on WhatsApp your business can start creating a presence on this channel and open the door to new opportunities with your customers. The best way to get started is to use WhatsApp Cloud API, WhatsApp’s programming interface for businesses.
–Entry points: whether organic or paid, they are the gateway that your potential customers have to communicate with you on WhatsApp.
-Push notifications: if your customers give their consent you can send them push notifications to inform them about news, updates, the status of their shipments and more.
–Chatbot: you can create chatbots that are there for your customers 24/7 to solve questions, sign up for events and resolve issues.
-Live chat: you can escalate conversations from chatbots to live agents.
–Integrations and automations: you can integrate WhatsApp Cloud API with your own tools and automate messages and processes.
3 ways to use your WhatsApp ecommerce strategy
There are many ways to integrate a WhatsApp ecommerce strategy to boost your business sales and improve business relationships with your customers.
1. Bring new customers to your WhatsApp chat
- Click-to-chat button: you can include a button inviting to start a WhatsApp conversation on your website or in your social media posts. This way, your customers will always have a way to contact you.
- Ads campaigns: in your social media and Google ads you can put a button that invites to start a conversation on WhatsApp. When a user clicks it takes them directly to a WhatsApp chat where they can interact with your company.
- Form: you can include a pop-up or a form to ask your potential customer if they want to receive messages from your business on WhatsApp.
2. Offer a post-sales experience
- Updates: Keep your customer informed about the status of their order. You can send a message telling them that it is on its way and when they will receive it, or even a location so they can follow it in real time on WhatsApp.
- Personalized recommendations: you can send your customer personalized recommendations based on their previous purchases. You can also create recommendations based on the product they just added to the cart to increase the purchase ticket.
- Request feedback: send a survey to your customer to find out if they are satisfied with your product and how you can improve your service.
3. Provide customer service
Finally, your WhatsApp ecommerce strategy should include customer service.
This can include, among other things: a FAQ chatbot, a problem solving chatbot with escalation to agent, and many more.
One of the advantages of WhatsApp to offer customer service is that you can send multimedia elements to help your customer solve their problem:
- Videos: you can send a step-by-step video explaining how to use a product or service.
- Infographic: is an excellent way to visually and simply explain otherwise complex information.
- Audios: they are great for your customer to explain their problem easily. You can also send an audio explanation and it’s a great way to connect with your customers.
Best practices for your WhatsApp ecommerce strategy
Now let’s look at some important aspects that you should take into account before implementing your ecommerce strategy on WhatsApp to comply with the policies established by META.
To protect its users from spam and advertising, META implemented certain conditions that businesses must meet when communicating with their customers. One of these requirements is opt-in.
- Create a landing page with a form.
- Add a pop-up on your webpage for your customers to enter their WhatsApp number.
- Ask them during a WhatsApp conversation.
- Add it in the registration process of your website.
Remember: opt-in is required whenever you want to send messages or notifications outside of the 24-hour conversation window. You can only send message templates approved by WhatsApp.
If you want to send a push notification or a message to start a conversation you should use a WhatsApp message template.
Don’t send too many messages
To sum up
A WhatsApp ecommerce strategyis what your business needs to improve conversations with your customers, give them a better experience and boost your sales. In this article we tell you how you can use it and some best practices to keep in mind.
How to request WhatsApp Green tick verificationWhitepaper: Definitive guide to WhatsApp Cloud API for Startups FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! The way to apply for the official business account (OBA) changed, as previously customers...
Tutorial: How to Create a Flow with WOZTELL and Zoho FlowFREE ebook: How to convert your leads into sales with WhatsApp and Zoho FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! Leverage the power of Zoho Flow to seamlessly integrate WOZTELL with over...
New WOZTELL UIIndexFREE ebook: How to convert your leads into sales with WhatsApp and Zoho FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! The new WOZTELL user interface is designed to simplify access to the most frequently used sections of the...