Send a webinar invitation via WhatsApp
How to increase webinar registration x10 using mass messaging on WhatsApp
If you are in the marketing department, you know how demanding it is. And there are no exceptions: you have to deliver results with every action to help the company achieve its objectives.
In this case we are faced with the situation of getting attendees for a webinar.
A webinar is especially useful for both customers and companies. It provides valuable content and generates sales opportunities for the team.
The marketing team considers the possibility of using the database and acquiring new opportunities. But, how?
The first option is to use the more traditional channels:
- E-mail: It has a low open rate (a 25% would be a good result) and a low interaction rate (around 10%). So the channel can obtain an estimated of 2,5% of conversion rate.
- Organic social media: The interaction rate of a publication is very low for most companies (between 1% and 5% is considered a good result). From this channel companies can expect a 15% conversion rate and 0,75% success rate.
- PPC (pay per click) ads: The company defines the budget, but any paid ad requires an initial monetary investment. In general, the acquisition costs for a webinar that offers sufficient value will be around 10-12 € per registration.
It is time to consider an alternative and more effective channel.
In our example, the marketing team still has an ace up the sleeve: WhatsApp massive notifications.
We are talking about push notifications, a type of messages that appears on the user’s mobile screen.
The strategy consists on creating a simple text message to communicate the following information:
- Topic and title of the webinar
- Day and time
- Registration button
This way, users will receive the notification in a WhatsApp message and can interact with the company as they do it with their family and friends.
This is the dilemma that our marketing team encountered in the last webinar held by the sales department.
They carried out a total of four actions that we are going to breakdown into three metrics: investment, registrations, and generated opportunities.
1 – E-mail
They send an e-mail message to their database, with a total audience of XXXX.
2 – Organic social media
They created a publication with text, image and a link to share on Facebook and LinkedIn.
3 – PPC campaign
For X days they launched a Google and a Social media campaign to advertise the webinar.
4 – WhatsApp push notification
Using the database of users who had opt-in to receive communications on WhatsApp, they sent a simple text message with a link button.
The first thing they did was to configure the message using a WhatsApp template with two main elements: text and button.
For the text they used less than 10 lines (WhatsApp format). We recommend using short and direct sentences, and using emojis so the text is more dynamic.
Lastly, in the button section of the template they configured a link to the webinar registration landing page. With this CTA (Call To Action) button they multiplied the results as we saw in the previous section.
Step by step
To send the messages they worked with the WOZTELL platform. There you have access to all the resources you need. Let’s see the step by step.
- Upload the audience to the platform: You can do it with a .csv format or directly from your Zoho CRM.
- Configure the template: In your connected WhatsApp channel you just have to go to Platform > Message Template. There you just create the template and wait for the WhatsApp approval.
- Send the push notification: Finally, you need to go to the push section to create a massive message, select the audience and the message. Then you choose the day and time, and voilà!
Once you send it, your clients will receive a message with all the information they need in their WhatsApp conversation.
New technologies can be overwhelming at the beginning, we know that. And even more so when you have to assume that traditional tools don’t work as well as we want them to.
WhatsApp is the tool that helps you avoid collapsed inboxes, and channels where your communications never arrive.
The best of it? Achieving these results is as easy as sending a WhatsApp message. And, at WOZTELL, we give you all the tools to boost your communications results by using push notifications and WhatsApp Cloud API.
Are you ready to launch your first push notification and see it for yourself?