Facebook Messenger push notifications: what you need to know
- Main features of Facebook Messenger push notifications
- What can you use Facebook Messenger push notifications for?
- Facebook Messenger push notifications vs. web notifications
- Things to consider when creating Facebook Messenger push notifications
- How to configure Facebook Messenger push notifications
- To sum up
- 11 WhatsApp chatbot templates for education
- 5 advantages of using WhatsApp in the education sector
- How to use a WhatsApp marketing strategy for education (with chatbots)
Free ebook: How to Use Messenger API to Get Tens of Millions of Orders Daily!
One of the most important aspects for the growth of your business is communication and interaction with your customers. And if you want to achieve this, Facebook Messenger push notifications are an excellent way to do it.
Emails are old news at this point.
Let’s be frank: at this point your inbox will be full of unread messages with promotions, products and updates.
And what is the solution to this problem? In this case, your best ally are push notifications with their high open rate.
According to a study by MoEngage (2020), push notifications have a 50% open rate and 93% retention rate compared to email.
In this article we tell you everything you need to know about Facebook Messenger push notifications. From what they are and their features to how to set them up on the WOZTELL platform.
Main features of Facebook Messenger push notifications
Facebook Messenger push notifications are messages that are sent directly to the home screen of cell phones or computers. Users must have given their consent to receive them.
Clicking on these notifications opens a conversation in the Facebook Messenger app.
What does this mean? Your customers use Facebook and Messenger to be entertained and communicate with their friends and family. Through this channel you become one more person in their lives, which means you can have a closer and more familiar communication with them.
Set up your messages
One of the great advantages of Facebook Messenger push notifications are the multiple tools to configure messages according to your needs.
Notification templates give you different options for creating messages to build engaging user experiences. Some examples are:
- General template: with this template you can set up a title, a subtitle and a body text message.
- Button template: this template is ideal for your customers to get answers to questions that arise during the purchase process. You can configure up to three buttons that can direct to your website or continue the conversation. You can also set up quick responses, very useful to encourage interaction.
- Multimedia template: in this template you can include videos, GIFs and images. Videos and GIFs can be played within the Messenger conversation or you can take the user to a video posted on Facebook.
Reach your audience
When creating content for your push notifications, think about your audience and what they want to consume. Create relevant, personalized content that speaks directly to your customers and segment your audience so they only get the content they want to see.
According to a study by econsultancy (2016), personalizing the content of push notifications increases the open rate 4 times.
Let’s look at an example:
Imagine you have a company that sells clothes. Then, the push notifications you send to a young profile will be different from those you send to a profile interested in children’s clothing.
Pro tip: if you have a company with an international audience, take into account the different time zones and peak interaction times.
High opening rate
As we told you before, push notifications stand out for their high open rate. In addition, another great advantage of Facebook Messenger push notifications is that the message is not lost even if the user scrolls to ignore it, as it arrives directly to Messenger.
This can improve the interaction with your customers, because who has not accidentally ignored a notification they wanted to know more about?
What can you use Facebook Messenger push notifications for?
Facebook Messenger push notifications allow you to send different types of messages according to your business needs:
You can send push notifications informing about new published content, updates on the shipping status of a purchase, confirm a hotel room reservation and much more.
You can send notifications announcing the launch of a new collection or the restocking of a product.
With push notifications you can send information about upcoming events, or reminders about events that the customer has registered for. These notifications are also very useful for industries like travel agencies as you can send updates about flights, itinerary changes, etc.
- Offers and discounts
Don’t let your offers go unnoticed! Send push notifications so that no customer misses them. With these notifications you can send offers, coupons and discounts.
Facebook Messenger push notifications vs. web notifications
Now that you know what Facebook Messenger push notifications are, let’s talk about the differences compared to web notifications.
Things to consider when creating Facebook Messenger push notifications
Now that you know everything you can do with Facebook Messenger push notifications, let’s take a look at a few things to keep in mind.
- GPDR compliance: all companies must comply with the Meta conditions for messages. This avoids sending spam on these channels.
- The user must give their consent:before sending push notifications, you must obtain the user’s consent. Some ways to obtain it are: Messenger chat plugin, m.me link, Messenger code, among others.
- Messenger tags:with this type of messages you can send notifications outside the 24-hour window. These notifications have some restrictions depending on the tag that you must take into account.
- Users are in control:users can mute or block your notifications at any time and this can affect your metrics.
Related article: How to send Facebook and WhatsApp push notifications.
How to configure Facebook Messenger push notifications
If you are interested in what we have told you about Facebook Messenger push notifications, here we have a tutorial explaining step by step how to set them up on our platform. And all in less than 5 min.
To sum up
Facebook Messenger push notifications have irresistible features for any business that wants efficient communication. Through this channel your customers will not miss any updates or offers.
And you know what the best part is? You start conversations in a channel they already use and all notifications come directly to your Messenger inbox. They will have them always available.
11 WhatsApp chatbot templates for education
11 WhatsApp chatbot templates for educationÍndice FREE ebook: How to make the most out of WhatsApp in education FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! If you ever wondered how to improve communication on your academic institution, you...
5 advantages of using WhatsApp in the education sector
5 advantages of using WhatsApp in the education sectorÍndice FREE ebook: How to make the most out of WhatsApp in education FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! As the days go by, technology advances and our habits change. The way we...
How to use a WhatsApp marketing strategy for education (with chatbots)
How to use a WhatsApp marketing strategy for education (with chatbots)Índice FREE ebook: How to make the most out of WhatsApp in education FREE Download Want to know more? Let´s talk via WhatsApp! The way we communicate has changed, that is undeniable. The...