Educational Institutions Using WhatsApp
WhatsApp in education is a reality. Educators see the benefits of the WhatsApp application in the educational process. Specialists advise the use of WhatsApp in order to information with students. Many interesting tasks can be done with the messaging application.
WhatsApp has over one billion users so it is impossible for such a reach not to reach the educational arena. It is up to teachers and institutions to take advantage of this for the benefit of the educational process. Tools such as WOZTELL that add WhatsApp Business to enterprise software such as ZOHO enable the development of solutions for educational institutions. So they take advantage of this for the benefit of the educational process.
The use of WhatsApp Business in education has greatly benefited companies in this industry. This tool allows for more effective communications with students and their families. It allows for more agile, less costly, and more effective organizational processes. The administration becomes more dynamic and less bureaucratic. In addition, teachers can have more pedagogical tools including WhatsApp in their educational strategy and those responsible for the institution can take control of all communications.
WhatsApp in education and its advantages.
- First of all, it stimulates collaborative work and achieves the exchange of content both between the institution and the students and among the workers of the institution. For example, sharing audio lessons, sending PPT materials or documents such as Word, books, etc. It is also possible to share video content.
- Furthermore, inform the educational community of announcements related to the institution as new courses available or updates.
- Send announcements, notices, and information from a specific teacher or class to your group, etc.
- Therefore, according to educators, the best thing to do is to take advantage of this tool by creating appropriate educational content. It is precisely by creating new learning materials that students can take full advantage of WhatsApp in their education and trust the channel, helping the subsequent reception of marketing campaigns, for example.
A technology tool cannot be expected to be educational in itself, but is a means to an educational end.
But let’s look at more benefits of WhatsApp in education
- Free calls and video calls.
- Communication with students, teachers and centres in remote areas such as rural areas, other countries and the surrounding community, perfect for courses taught online.
- Reminders and notifications.
- Push notifications.
- Distribute documents and send the forms for onboarding.
- Motivating students and workers to work by means of a tool they know and like.
- Automatic messages for specific queries.
- Facilitating virtual meetings avoids locative physical availability and, therefore, training, meetings, etc. can be carried out.
Specialists recommend using chat groups to give virtual classes to students.
- A more personalized follow-up to the student’s educational process is facilitated.
- It allows for easy contact with students.
- The use of instant messaging is being developed in universities to increase enrollment and retain students.
More advantages of WhatsApp
- The permanent presence of the educational institution through its mobile phone strengthens the relationship of students with the institution.
- Problems and doubts of students are solved without having to go to the institution or wait for them to answer the phone. For example, administrative issues such as registration schedules. Locating a teacher, justifying absences, locating certain services of the institution, etc. This brings great benefits to the educational institution. Since it avoids the collapse of calls or the saturation of physical spaces where students come for administrative and pedagogical issues.
The sense of belonging to the institution is stimulated and strengthened.
In summary, the use of WhatsApp Business in the education sector can be very effective and beneficial if used correctly. Professional tools such as WOZTELL integrate WhatsApp into the management software of educational institutions. This is how a professional implementation of the tool is achieved.